Architect Richard H. Hunt designed Montgomery Hall in the Beaux Art style. Built in 1902, Montgomery Hall was originally known as the Scientific Hall because it housed all the science classes, but it also accommodated the university's library for a short time. As volumes in the library increased, space in the second and third floor, to which the library was consigned, remained limited. The library was moved in 1921 to newly built Harned Hall. The Scientific Hall was renovated in 1939 and renamed for Col. W.B. Montgomery, great-grandfather of Rep. Sonny Montgomery (D-Miss.). It is now home to Student Support Services, Admissions and Scholarships and the Career Center.
25 Old Main
GEO: 33.453910; -88.791350