YMCA Building. 1914. Italianate. The Young Men's Christian Association organized at the university in 1882. As membership and activities rose, the need for a YMCA building became evident. John D. Rockefeller pledged $40,000 to the cost of construction, under the condition that the students would raise the other $20,000 that was needed. Dr. W.A. Weatherford, an official of the Southern Area YMCA, came to the university, organized the students, and led the fundraising campaign. The money was raised, and the building was erected. For many years, the YMCA called this building home.
195 Lee Blvd.
GEO: 33.455770; -88.789900