George Hall. 1902. Colonial Revival.
Built in 1902 in the Colonial Revival style, George Hall originally served as the campus infirmary. The James Z. George Memorial Hospital was considered one of the best facilities of its kind in the South. George, who as a United States senator became known as "The Great Commoner," was extremely instrumental in securing appropriations for the construction. In 1918, a Spanish flu epidemic took its toll on the campus of Mississippi State, and several students succumbed. Because of this, a temporary embalming operation was set up in the basement of the infirmary. The James Z. George Memorial Hospital served as the university's medical facility until 1965. Today, George Hall is home to the Office of Public Affairs.
Office of Public Affairs
233 Lee Blvd.
GEO: 33.455620; -88.789320