Mississippi State University

Table of Contents

Locations

  1. Academic and Administrative

    1. Stennis Institute of Government and Community Development

      From the first, Mississippi A&M was linked to the larger world via a Mobile & Ohio Railroad branch line connecting the mail line in Lowndes County. In 1928, the permanent M&O structure, built in the Commercial style, replaced a nearby open-air platform. After the branch line closed in the 1960s, the building eventually was converted to house the John  C. Stennis Institute of Government, a memorial to the distinguished alumnus and longtime United States senator.