In 1921 the Steam Plant was built in the Industrial style. The massive building (more than 21,000 square feet of interior space) orginally housed two coal-fueled Skinner steam engines that provided electricity and distributed water and heating to the entire institution. Still a power plant, the Mississippi Landmark facility now uses fuel oil to generate hot and cold water for heating and cooling older campus buildings.
203 Herbert St.
GEO: 33.454030; -88.786470