Installed in 1880 and renovated by the Class of 1939, Bell Island is located in front of the Chapel of Memories. The inscription reads, "Original Chapel Bell... October 6, 1880, Renovated by the class of 1939... Senior Memorial Committee, V.L. Cauthen, Chairman." The bell was crushed by a downed tree during a windstorm in the early 1960s. A replica of the original bell has been mounted on this pedestal with new concrete paving around the base.