Mississippi State University

Table of Contents

Locations

  1. Monuments and Memorials

    1. Cast Iron Fountain

      Fountain

       

      This cast iron fountain, installed in 1987 on the west side of the Chapel of Memories, was donated by Adonis Watson Carpenter in memory of her husband. The inscription reads, "Given by Adonis Watson Carpenter in loving memory of her husband Randle Burt Carpenter." As a young girl, Mrs. Carpenter lived in a faculty house that occupied the present site of the Chapel of Memories. Carpenter Hall is named for her father who was the Department Head of Mechanical Engineering from 1918 to 1938.