The Captain Put Darden Monument is located on the Southeast corner of Montgomery Hall and is precast concrete. The monument was donated by the Patrons of Husbandry of the United States in 1892. The inscription reads, “Captain Put Darden. Born March 10, 1836. Died….. When he died for man.” Captain Darden was the Master of the National Grange and the State Grange and instrumental in securing the funding that helped establish Mississippi State.